Anekka Hawthorne has been with Cambridge Network since January, 2015 as a Business Development Manager in Florida. She works to find qualified and caring host families for our students in Florida. Read on to find more about Anekka’s background!
- What is your name and job title?
Anekka Hawthorne, Business Development Manager
- When did you start working at Cambridge Network?
- Where have you traveled to outside of the United States? England, France,
Holland, Sweden, UAE, Canada, Belgium, India and Oman
- What other languages do you speak?
- What’s something about American culture that you have found others outside of America find weird?
Our obsession with abundance
- If you could travel back in time to any point in history, when and where would it be?
To the Garden of Eden to distract Eve from the “serpent”
- What was your favorite food that you tried in another country?
- If you could physically transport yourself to any place in the world at this moment, where would you go?
- If you could be instantly fluent in one language that you currently do not speak, which would it be? German
- If you could eat one food in any quantity for the rest of your life with no ill effects whatsoever, what food would you choose?
- Why do you like working in international education?
Expanding worldviews and providing new opportunities for student success
- What do you think is the greatest benefit of hosting a student?
- What do you think is the biggest benefit of studying abroad?
Broadening worldview and creating understanding
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life which book would it be?
The Complete Works of Shakespeare