1. What is your name and job title?
Chor Moua – Team Leader (Southwest Region) & Program Manager
2. When did you start working at Cambridge Network?
3. Where have you traveled to outside of the United States?
I have traveled to Thailand, Laos, Taiwan & China (Layovers), Mexico and Canada
4. What other languages do you speak?
English, Thai, Hmong, Immediate French
5. Please describe a time when you experienced culture shock in a funny way.
I was in Thailand a few years ago when I bought a bottle of water and was given a straw. I told the cashier I didn’t need a straw, she looked at me weird. I was drinking the water without a straw while I was walking around and noticed that people were staring at me. My friend told me that I should drink from a straw- it’s more ladylike.
6. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, when and where would it be?
I am a history nut, which makes this question very hard. I would like to travel back in time to when Ginghis Khan was roaming the plains of Asia. I’ve always been fascinated by his story.
7. What was your favorite food that you tried in another country?
Papaya Salad in Thailand. It doesn’t get any more authentic than eating the food where it was created.
8. If you could physically transport yourself to any place in the world at this moment, where would you go?
Laos- I would like to spend more time with my grandma and my mom’s side of the family. Last year, was my first time meeting my mom’s side of the family and the 2nd time I saw my grandma. One week was just not enough to hear their stories and struggles.
9. If you could be instantly fluent in one language that you currently do not speak, which would it be?
Cantonese- My parents sent me to Chinese school when I was younger, but I never made the effort. It is hard to speak with my mom’s side of the family.
10. If you could eat one food in any quantity for the rest of your life with no ill effects whatsoever, what food would you choose?
11. Why do you like working in international education?
It’s very rewarding to see and be part of the journey. Awareness of other cultures is through educating others and I would like to continue down that path. Knowledge is power.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life which book would it be?
Island of the Blue Dolphin